Let’s craft some slime! This activity lets you learn how solutions can affect each other when mixed together. Usually water and glue are pretty slippery, but when you mix them together, and add some borax, strange things happen.
- 2 plastic cups
- 1 popsicle stick
- 1 plastic bag
- food coloring
- Add 1 tablespoon of water to each cup.
- Add 1/4 teaspoon of borax to one of the cups, and mix with a popsicle stick until dissolved. This is the borax solution.
- Add 1-2 drops of food coloring to the borax solution, if you wish.
- Add 1 tablespoon of glue (about 1 pump) and stir until glue and water are thoroughly mixed. This is the glue solution.
- Pour the borax solution into the glue solution, and stir. Keep stirring until it gets thick. Your slime is done when you can pick up your popsicle stick and most of the slime comes with it!
- Once the slime is nice and thick, pull it off the stick, and knead with your hands. It should get less sticky.
- When you are done kneading, place the slime in a plastic bag for safekeeping.
PLEASE DON’T EAT THE SLIME!!!