Let’s craft some slime! This is a fool-proof recipe for making your own slime. It will never fail. We promise!
- 1 plastic cup
- 1 popsicle stick
- 1 plastic bag
- borax solution
- food coloring
- Add 1 pump (about 1 tablespoon) of glue to the cup.
- Now add 1 tablespoon of water to the cup, and stir with the popsicle stick. This is the glue solution.
- Add 1-2 drops of food coloring to the glue solution, if you wish.
- If mix-ins, such as glitter, are available, stir some into the glue solution.
- Add 1 tablespoon of the borax solution to the glue solution, and stir. Keep stirring until it gets thick. Your slime is done when you can pick up your popsicle stick and most of the slime comes with it! If that doesn’t happen, carefully add a bit more borax solution.
- Once the slime is nice and thick, pull it off the stick, and knead with your hands. It should get less sticky.
- When you are done kneading, place the slime in a plastic bag for safekeeping.
To scale for a full bottle of glue (4 oz) use 4 tbsp water and 4 tbsp borax solution, and mix in a bowl instead of a cup.
We make large batches of the borax solution by mixing 4 tablespoons of borax with 2 quarts of hot water in a plastic container. Shake the container until the borax dissolves, and you’ll have enough borax solution to make a LOT of slime!