Why are kids so obsessed with slime? It’s messy, fun, and so squishy! If you haven’t made slime before, you’ll understand the appeal after you spend some time playing with it.
We have a base recipe for slime, and can mix all kinds of things into it, like glitter, shaving foam, beads, and sequins. All of that can be packaged into a Slime Station, that we can offer at classes, camps, parties, and events. This activity is messy. Seriously. Please keep that in mind when considering it for an event.
The slime station includes all of the materials in the recipe, along with containers for the liquids, measuring syringes (because they are way more fun than tablespoons), plastic table covers, laminated instructions, paper towels, and wipes. We don’t usually include any mix-ins for events outside of the office, but those can be added.
This activity is messy. Seriously. Please keep that in mind when considering it for an event.
Want to have this activity at your event?
This is what you'll need to host this activity:
- Approximately 10’x10′ of space. We recommend doing this activity outside, or We can do this over carpet, but really don’t recommend adding mix-ins with that kind of setup. Trust us. We have carpet at the office, and have to use a steam cleaner every time we make slime with mix-ins (especially foam).
- 1-2 6-foot tables. We can bring our own if needed. Just let us know!
- 1-2 Coder Kids Club staff or trained event staff/volunteers to set up, monitor, and assist. While making slime is pretty easy, the Slime Station quickly becomes a hot mess if it’s left unattended.
Please contact us for availability and pricing for this activity.
Want to do it yourself?
You can certainly make your own slime station! We include all of the following in ours:
- Blue containers for water (3 containers)
- Borax solution (2 containers)
- Food coloring (4 boxes)
- Paper towels (2 rolls)
- Plastic tablecloths (4)
- Popsicle Sticks (2 packages)
- Red containers for borax solution (3 containers)
- Slime instructions
- Snack bags (2 packages)
- Tablespoons and plastic syringes
- Wipes (2 packages)
- Glue (at least two containers of clear and/or white)
- Trash can + trash bags
Depending on the event, we might also take the following mix-ins:
- Shaving foam
- Pony beads
- Tri beads
- Seed beads
- Styrofoam beads
- Plastic figures
- Googly eyes
If you wish to DIY, here are some resources that might help.
Want to make some slime? These are the instructions we ... Read MoreDownload the PDF