Modding Minecraft – Summer Camp – July 16-20, 2018
July 16 @ 9:00 am - July 20 @ 4:00 pm EDT$35 – $325
Join us for a week of Minecraft Modding. Kids will learn how to:
- Create and use skins and texture packs
- Install and use mods
- Use redstone and command blocks in Minecraft
- Use Java to mod Minecraft (Grades 3 and up)
- Collaborate and cooperate in Minecraft build challenges and mini-games (mods)
Plus we’ll spend part of the day in our STEAM Lab (also known as the Crafting Room), where kids will do Minecraft-themed activities to explore topics in Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, and Math.
When you register for this camp, a Lab Fee of $10 will be added to your cart, to cover the cost of materials for some of the STEAM activities (kids will take the fruits of their labors home). Registrations for grades 3 and up will also have a 5-Day license fee for the modding software added to the registration. You can purchase a subscription with that vendor to access the mods after camp.
This camp is for kids who were in grades K through 8 during the 2017-18 school year. We split kids into groups based on their grade level and experience. If we have room, we can sometimes move kids between groups, but will do so only with instructor approval.
This camp is Monday through Friday, 9am-4pm. Before and after care may be available for an additional cost. Please let us know if you need them when you register.
Minecraft & Roblox Accounts
During some classes, camps, and other events, kids will use Minecraft and/or Roblox on the computers, usually as part of a lesson. We cannot create accounts for your kids. Kids should have their Minecraft and/or Roblox login information memorized and written down for reference. Need to create an account?
- Minecraft account (requires a purchase of Minecraft: Java Edition): https://minecraft.net/en-us/store/minecraft/ – This is necessary for any classes, camps, or events that include Minecraft use on the computers, such as Modding Minecraft, Minecraft Club, and Gamer Club. An account is not needed for Minecraft use on tablets.
- Roblox account (free): https://www.roblox.com/ – This is necessary for any classes, camps, or events that include Roblox use, such as Modding Roblox, Game Design, Roblox Club, and Gamer Club.
If your child does not have the necessary account for the class, camp, or club, we will try to provide alternate activities. In some cases, that means your child won’t be able to do the lessons with the rest of the class.